DCI offers internships to assist the advocacy unit in its work on behalf of Palestinian children whose rights have been violated. The internships are for a minimum period of three months, and interns receive a monthly allowance of 200 US dollars plus transportation costs to and from the office (inside Ramallah). Accommodation costs are not covered by DCI.
The skills and experience we look for in our interns are the following:
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken (Arabic an advantage);
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in law, human rights or a related field;
- Experience working on human rights issues (preferable); and
- Knowledge of basic IT systems.
The tasks of interns include:
- Monitoring of the media, UN and NGO releases;
- Editing testimonies from victims of violations;
- Drafting case studies based on specific violations;
- Helping build DCI's resource bank; and
- Assisting with ad hoc research and advocacy projects on Palestinian children’s rights.
Thank you for your interest in working with DCI-Palestine. Unfortunately, there are no more internship vacancies for 2013.